Airbus’ New Custom-Cabin Mood Lighting
Airbus has announced the new A320 will be armed with the latest technology. Some of the enhanced elements of the new interior include:
- Iconic Ceiling Lighting: Featuring a fully customized on-board luminary experience, that begins at the entrance with a welcoming ambiance and continues throughout the aircraft with variable lighting features.
- Colored LED Lighting: Leveraging 16.4 million color options, the new custom-cabin mood lighting creates a personalized in-flight experience at 30,000 feet throughout the cabin.
- The Largest Overhead Storage Compartment (OHSC) in its Class: Called the “Airspace Bin”, it not only allows eight, instead of five bags, per four-frame bin, but also accommodates bigger and heavier bags stowed vertically.
- New Sidewall Panels with Increased Cabin Width: One more inch at shoulder level for extra personal space.
- New Window Bezel: The new fully-integrated window shades provide passengers more window space and unobstructed view, evoking the feel of the A350.
- New Lavatory Design: The new spacious design also features colored mood lighting, along with anti-bacterial coatings, automatic aroma dispenser, sound and optional touchless options.
- Harmonized Door Surround: The new lines of the frames match the Airspace design of the A350 XWB and the A330neo.
Additional features such as the less obtrusive cabin sidewall panels and lavatory options (‘Smart-Lav’ and ‘Space-Flex’) maintain a consistent design to the popular Airspace wide-body series. Passengers will also appreciate the modular IFE platform with overhead video and in-seat audio/video on-demand, as well as the provision for in-seat power, wireless flexible connectivity and mobile telephony (GSM on board). The full Airspace Interior package is targeted for 2020 and will retrofit to the current hardware.